Even though the New Year has just begun, hurricane season is only six months away and major storm or flood damage can happen at any time. Consider the following tips to help you prepare for storm damage claims issues in advance.
- Make sure that all the insurance that you might need to protect yourself is obtained and in effect. These include homeowner’s insurance, flood insurance, personal property insurance, and insurance for any other items you might need to insure.
- Gather all of your insurance policies (the complete policies, not just the declarations pages) and put them in a safe and easily accessible place, along with easy access to any phone numbers you might need to make claims.
- Take photographs of the interior and exterior of your home, its contents, your vehicles, and anything else that might be insured. Be sure to date the photos.
- Gather any receipts that you might have for these items and keep them with the photos.
- If you take these easy steps in advance, you will be in a better position to move forward quickly if storm damage occurs. For more information on insurance claims issues, please contact a lawyer or book an appointment on our website.
For more information, contact us at 713-515-5774